Diwali- "Festival Of LIGHTS" is the most popular festival of Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism, celebrated for different reasons, occurring between mid-October and mid-November.
The name "Diwali" which translates into "Row Of Lamps". Diwali involves the lighting of small slay lamps filled with oil to signify the triumph of good over evil.
The festival starts with Dhanteras on which most Indian business communities begin their financial year. The second day of the festival, Naraka Chaturdasi, marks the vanquishing of the demon Naraka by Lord Krishna and his wife Sayabhama. Amavsya, the third day of Deepawali, marks the worship of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth in her most benevolent mood, fulfilling wishes of her devotees. Amavasya also tells the story of Lord Vishnu, who is the dwarf incarnation vanquished the Bali, and banished him to Patala. It is on the fourth day of Deepawali, Katika Shudda Padyami, that Bal went to Patala and took reins of his new kingdom in there. The fifth day is reffed as Yama Dvitiya, and on this day sisters invite their brothers to their homes.
Lets go back to the Event .........
During Diwali, all the celebrants wear new clothes and share sweets and snacks with family members and friends. So I thought why not make sweets and snacks with all my fellow bloggers.
So why waiting for the beautiful day.....as we know we all make sweets and snacks before a week or two or whenever we have time....I thought we can make and share the recipes and help out others who don't know how to make or who are searching to try new recipes all at one stop place......HERE...... :)
So let's share and celebrate Diwali together..........
Now the EVENT RULES:
1. Bloggers and Non-Bloggers are welcome to post as many recipes as you want.
2. Non-Bloggers can send the recipes to my email at anu (DOT) healthykitchen (AT) gmail (DOT) com.
3. Recipes can be any Sweets, Snack (sweet or savory), or any Vegetarian dishes which you prepare usually during this Diwali festival.
4. Using the LOGO is MANDATORY to spread the word.
5. Please link all the recipes through the Linky tool, if you find it difficult to do so, leave a comment or write to me anu (DOT) healthykitchen (AT) gmail (DOT) com.
6. This event will be open till October 31st. (Diwali is on 26th October!)
Hope to see lot all of yummy recipes!