- Apigenin, a chemical found in great quantities in parsley, has been found to have potent anti-cancer activity. It works by inhibiting the formation of new blood vessels that feed a tumor.
- It is commonly believed that when chewed, parsley can freshen breath, especially from eating garlic. However, some people regard this as a myth; it is no more effective than chewing any other substance.
- Parsley is a source of phytochemicals such as carotenoids, which are known to extend various biological effects.
- The methanolic extract of parsley is antimicrobial.
- Parsley seed extract can reduce blood pressure (hypertensive), possibly due to its diuretic effects.
- Cook and blog about a Vegan or Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian dish which features Parsley. If the fresh herb is not available it can be used in the dry form also.
- Though this series is based on the culinary uses, you can also share the following -growing parsley or tips on freezing or storing them ,non culinary uses that have been tried and tested by you like cosmetic uses, home remedies, crafts etc. You can also write about some interesting facts on Parsley.
- Please add this announcement link, and link to PJ’s announcement page - http://seduceyourtastebuds.blogspot.com/p/herbs-flowers-hosting-schedule.html to your post
- Adding the logo to your post will help spread the word.
- Send in as many entries as you wish. Archives entries are also accepted but do make a link to the post with both the announcements.
- Non bloggers are also welcome to participate
- The last date for the entries is November 15th 2011.
- Drop a mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name and name of your blog
- Recipe and URL
- Picture of your dish.[Please re-size your images]
|Lemon Parsley Rice (Flat Leaf Parsley)|
|Fall Green Salad (Curly Leaf Parsley)|