Connect!

September 27, 2012

Round Up - "South Indian Cooking" (SIC) Series Event - # 1


Hello Friends,

This is one of the most exciting event that I ever had and am very very happy to see a total of 190 recipes. Wow I myself could not believe the total number of recipes I received and I should thank a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL for making this event a big success. I also wanted to say that each and every recipe was unique and interesting.

Thanks Agian!! :)

Well here is the round up at the end of the post and below is the event details and anyone who is interested to host this event in future months can leave a comment or email me.

N'JOY!

Hello Friends,

I am so excited about this event because it's a combination of all the South Indian Flavors together where I grew up with. Well now I have to talk as to why all the South Indian flavors are known to me. I am basically from Andhra, but was born and brought up in Pondicherry, but we speak Telugu at home. The language in Pondicherry is Tamil and food is also similar as in Tamilnadu and I traveled a lot in and around Tamilnadu. I did my college in Karnataka and have relatives up there and in Andhra, so very much familiar with the food there too. My better half is my Kerala, so like to cook Kerala food too. The best thing is that I can speak all the south Indian languages fluently. :)

So hope this event is exciting to you all, as it's to me!!

Well to talk about the similarities in these cuisines is the presence of rice as a staple food, the use of lentils and spices, the use of dried chilies and fresh green chilies, coconut and native fruits and vegetables like tamarind, garlic, ginger etc.,
I can just keep talking more and more about each cuisine...but for now lets go to the Event Rules.

EVENT RULES
------------------------
* Use of LOGO is MANDATORY, as it will help to spread the word and please link to this event announcement page.
* Event Start Date is JULY 15th and Ends on SEP 15th (a 2 month event).
* Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian recipes are allowed.
* ANY number of entries are most welcome.
* Archived posts are also welcome, but please re-post it with the even logo and link to this event page. 
* Non-Bloggers are welcome to participate, send in your recipe to anu (dot) healthykitchen (at) gmail (dot) com.
* Bloggers can link to the corresponding Linky....at the end of this page. If you find it difficult to link it...you can also email me your recipe at anu (dot) healthykitchen (at) gmail (dot) com.

(NOTE: Please link the recipes according to the states names pls, and make sure if at all you make a mistake, you inform me about for me to correct it, else the entry will be deleted.) 
( I am combining Pondicherry and Goa as one state entry)
Thanks for understanding!

This is a series event, if any of bloggers friends are interested to guest host it for future months you are most welcome, else the following 2 month I will host it myself. You can leave a comment here for the same or write to me.

Hope to see all yummy and multi cuisine entries!! :)



EVENT CALENDER
-------------------------
EVENT CALENDAR 2012 - 2013

July
Anu July 15th to Sep 15th

September
Sangeetha Sep 15th to Nov 15th

November
Divya Nov 15th to Jan 15th

January
EZ Cook Book Jan 15th to Mar 15th

March
Preeti Mar 15th to May 15th

May
Achu May 15th to July 15th

July
Sowmya July15th to Sep 15th

September
Shruti Sep 15th to Nov 15th

November
Hetal Nov 15th to Jan 15th

Copyright © Anu's Healthy Kitchen August 1st to 31st 2011

EVENT CALENDAR 2014

January
Nandoo Jan 15th to Mar 15th

March
Rafeeda Mar 15th to May 15th

May
Briju May 15th to July 15th

July
Swetha July 15th to Sep 15th

Sep
Anitha Sep 15th to Nov 15th

Copyright © Anu's Healthy Kitchen August 1st to 31st 2011

TAMILNADU KERALA GOA N PONDICHERRY ANDHRA PRADESH KARNATAKA

48 comments:

  1. Nice event Anu. Happy hosting..will send my entries

    ReplyDelete
  2. grt event anu.. i myself have been thinking of venuring into more traditional south indian recipes.. so this event is more encouragement.. hope to send in recipes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOvely event Anu..I suppose archives are also accepted after re-posting them..
    Only one thing is not clear..there is no mention of any state near the linky..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely event,happy hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happpy hosting dear. Will send my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you all the best for the success of this event. I will send my entries soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first time here...and it's really exciting to hear about this festival. Am gonna definitely participate. One question though...are fusion dishes (inspired by south Indian recipes, but changing one or more ingredients or some other twist in the preparation technique) accepted? Or do the dishes have to be 100% authentic ? Please lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice event Anu happy hosting....will be interested in hosting for the month january 2013....pls lets us know and drop ur comment ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI , I HAD LINKED YOUR EVENT PAGE TO MY POST , STILL TROUBLE IN LINKING. PLEASE HELP ME.

    http://saraniyapt.blogspot.in/2012/07/karivepillai-podi-curry-leave-powder.html
    http://saraniyapt.blogspot.in/2012/07/valaithandu-plantain-banana-stem.html

    SHARANYA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great event, Anu..Happy hosting..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi anu, as an all-rounder, you so unique, i love your events, How do you mangae all theese things. BTW this is a very nice event. I will post my recipes here. You know i always wanted to make dosas, but every time i tried i failed while it comes to spread it on tawa. My be your event will give me some tips from different blog and encouragement to fulfill my wish.

    visit my newly born blog.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the opportunity to host this wonderful event for the month jan 2012 and will be sending recipes soon for this current event...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! Now whenever I want to try cooking something South Indian, I would refer to this page of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anu,
    Just came to know about the event.
    Am interested in hosting it for November 2012 / March 2013..

    Do let me know.
    Thanks
    Divya
    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
    Bake along challenge # 4 - Peanut Butter
    Love lock series- Breads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Hosting gal :)

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. linked andhra recipe to the event...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linked Mine
    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hii anu...

    could you plz tell me,after jan month, nov month which year to belong if it Nov 2012 then plz Mention my blog here... reply me

    ONGOING EVENT- "JASHN-E-AZAADI"
    Preeti's Kitchen Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mention my name for the month July.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry my mistake i will send this msg to u.... dn't mention my name for July monthh... March month is ok for me...
    tag me in Month march and waiting for ur reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear for giving me chance to host wonderful event in Month of March

      Delete
  21. Hi, Nice event... I submitted my entries...

    Sowmya
    http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazinggggggggggggggggggggggg :) Beautiful Event :) :) Superb :)

    Please include me in your event on May 2013 if it is open :)Atleast baking or pastry as my blog is pastry baking blog.that s why dear.
    Awaiting to hear from you dear

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tried linking my recipe to your event the linky tool takes me to the linky page and if I try to link it again it says I have already done here is my link is it possible for you to link to your event Anu

    http://samayalarai-cookingisdivine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/kaayi-masaale-chitranna-coconut-spiced.html (Karnataka)

    thanks and cheers
    Jayasri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anu,

    I am very much new in blogging world and in south indian cooking also. I have started cooking more and more south Indian food. But some times i really don't know the exact state in which that food is famous. So please correct me if required.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anu, just now linked my first recipe to your event. Super event dear. My recipe is Chettinad Pepper Chicken, I linked with Tamilnadu. Please check and confirm me. Will link more recipes soon. Thanks dear......happy hosting. If possible pls visit,

    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi anu,
    I am so excited by seeing this post... Its like a bigggggg menu card.... Well organised.... First time to ur space... Glad to follow u... Do visit my space when time permits...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anu ....
    Nicely hosted the event by you !!!! You rock :-)
    I would love to host the event for September 2013 !!!
    Plz do let me know :-)
    shrutirasoi

    Today's Recipe

    Moong Dal Ladoo Chaat

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Anu ....
    where to link feb 2013 recipes of this event ???

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice! Your post is so good. Please submit more good posts.... South Indian Food in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for this wonderful ideas you have discuss to your blog, I've learn from it.
    Best Kitchens Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi anu
    You have a very good blog. I am interested in hosting your event if you have slots available.

    do let me know

    regards
    nandoos

    ongoing event : taste of tropics

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi anu... please advise if i can host this series for march 2014. my blog is http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com and my email is sweettoothraf@gmail.com... would love to hear from you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. thank u so much for updating my details... but one small question - please confirm on the dates again, so that I can keep a track from my side as well... :) thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Anu great event. Cani host your upcoming event in any future months of 2014, am in Nigeria, hope place is not a constraint for hosting your event, am married to tamilian so pretty much aware with the cuisine n has some roots to hyderabad too.

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Anu, I am Interested in hosting your event in 2014. So if it is fine for you, I would like to choose either the Month of April or June.

    Let me know the details.

    Thanks,
    Swetha.

    My Website:
    http://www.indianvegetariancuisine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more informatiom
    http://goo.gl/tGqfRs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Anu i am very much intersted in hosting the event.. Plz do inform me if this year is still available...
    Preetha
    http://abowlofcurry.blogspot.in
    preetha.soumyan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. great event. Linked recipes at Nandoo's kitchen from my blog - http://priyakitchenette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing
    Quality Services & Training Pvt.Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Anu, I like to host the event in September 2014.Please let me know if still available
    http://anithajay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,
Thanks for writing your valuable comments and words of appreciation for making me cook better with new and healthy ingredients. I am glad to share these recipes from my kitchen to yours.
Please don't leave any Links to any other sites, I will have to delete it. Thanks for understanding.

Cheers
Anu

MY BLOGS

MY BLOGS Anu's Cakes and Bakes Anu's Healthy Kitchen Anu's Painting and Crafts

Total Pageviews

SIMPLE QUOTES ABOUT COOKING AND FOOD...

The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook
-
Julia Child

Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table. The Anarchist Cookbook
Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-
Voltaire

What my mother believed about cooking is that if you worked hard and prospered, someone else would do it for you.
-
Nora Ephron

No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut.
-
Channing Pollock

Anu. Awesome Inc. template. Template images by ranplett. Powered by Blogger.