1. You can always add more ingredients and increase or decrease the amount of each ingredient used in this recipe, just make sure that you can make ladoos.
2. Steel cut Oats look and their texture is more like the broken wheat or cracked wheat.
1. In a pan dry roast broken wheat and oats until it gets toasted for about 7-8 mins. Remove them from pan and allow them to cool.
2. In the same pan add almonds and dry roast them for about 7-8 mins until toasted. Remove it from pan and cool it separately.
3. Dry roast coconut for about 2-3 mins until it turns slightly brown. Remove and cool it separately as well.
4. Grind the broken wheat and oats to a coarse to fine powder and add it to a microwave safe bowl.
5. Mix in the milk and date syrup and cook it on microwave high for about 5 mins, making sure that you stir it occasionally.
6. Allow the cooked broken wheat and oats to cool. Meanwhile, powder almonds, and coconut separately and add it to a large mixing bowl.
7. Now add the cooked ingredients to the bowl as well and add cardamom powder and mix all the ingredients together once before adding the ghee / clarified butter.
8. Now slowly add the ghee and keep mixing to a point where you can hold a lemon size ball to make the ladoo.
9. You can enjoy these ladoos for about 2 weeks in a airtight container and store it in fridge.
You Might Also Like:
|Sunnundalu||Broken Wheat Kheer||Date Apricot Coconut and Oats Ladoo|