1. In a heavy bottom sauce pot add milk and heat it on a medium flame.
2. Just before it boils, you will see some bubbles on the sides of the sauce pot, reduce the flame to low.
3. Add the vinegar and stir it once or twice and off the flame.
4. You will see the whey and the milk will start curdling.
5. Now let it come to room temperature for about 10-20 mins, make sure u don't stir too much, else the whey and the curdles milk will start mixing together.
6. Now line a vessel with cheese cloth or any thin cotton cloth, pour the whey and the curdled milk and strain the liquid (whey) out.
7. Now slightly squeeze excess liquid, and tie it on top, so that the excess liquid will drip.
8. After 20-30 mins or so...if you want hard paneer, wait another 30 mins.
9. Now place a plate upside down, flatten the paneer sack a bit and then place the paneer sack on top of the place and place another heavy bottom pan or pot on the sack so that it will remove the excess water and make the paneer hard. Again wait for 30-60 mins.
10. Now remove the cheese cloth carefully and cut the paneer into cubes and use in any recipe.
11. You can store this paneer cubes either in freezer about 1-2 months or in the fridge for about 3-4 days or maximum for a week.
|Paneer Peas Butter Masala||Celery Mint Pachadi||Malai Veggie Palak|